The original sculpture, in white marble, was made around the year 135 A.D. and belongs to the Prado Museum (Madrid). It comes from the Roman ruins of Sagunto and was restored during the Renaissance by an individual called B. Rovira (the inscription of his name figure by the date of 1533), who sculpted a shell on the pubis and the inscription "Praxiteles's work".
Warning: Last items in stock!
|Título||Escultura original exterior Torso de la Venus de la Concha o Venus Púdica 50 x 160H cm 65 kg|
|Medidas||50 x 160H cm|
|Reference||M.A. Elvira Barba Escultura clásica. Guía Museo Nacional del Prado Madrid 1999 p. 30.|
|More Information||Finish in aged marble of the original work.|
|Warning||The reproduction of this object has been made with traditional methods of casting. Being a completely handcrafted process the finish or the final appearance of the pieces may not be exactly the same as the one shown in the images.|